15 Best Horse Treats in 2022
Affiliate Disclosure: Petpawshub.com site uses affiliate links when applicable. This site earns from the affiliate links (at no additional cost to you). Read Affiliate Disclosure here
In training or simply because we care about them, many of us give our horses and ponies goodies/Treats.
Treats that closely resemble a horse’s normal diet are the healthiest. The safest technique to provide goodies is to ensure that your horse is courteous and does not become aggressive or snappy.
It’s common for many horse owners not to believe in providing treats at all. This is up to you, and you must take into account your horse or pony’s respect and personality.
Giving Treats to an unruly or aggressive horse may not be worth the risk since it might make your horse a hazard to yourself or others.
Little children feeding treats to their horses might inadvertently injure themselves or their horses by getting their fingers bitten or their pockets torn apart by their enthusiasm.
Regardless of how you feel about providing Horse treats/ goodies, especially by hand, you should be cautious.
In this Blog we have listed 15 great Treats for horses
We independently research, analyze , speak to the users and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here
You’ll find that horses, like humans, have a variety of preferences.
It’s possible that some people really enjoy peppermints or sugar cubes, while others are more partial to carrots or hay cubes.
If you often feed your horse from your hands or carry goodies in your pockets, you run the risk of teaching him an undesirable behaviour.
It’s possible that he’ll start nipping at your garments and fingers since he thinks all of your pockets and fingers hold rewards. A horse that is aggressive in its pursuit of rewards is potentially hazardous.
A horse that is hungry could bite you or pull your clothing off, both of which are common occurrences. Putting goodies in a bucket or a feeder is the most secure method to provide them to your pet.
Some delicacies pose a risk of choking and should be avoided. When feeding your pet apples or carrots, it is best to chop them up into bite-sized pieces.
Any meals that are considered to be hard, such as mints and hay cubes, should only be given in very little amounts.
A horse that is really hungry could not chew the treat all the way before swallowing it whole. When this happens, the food might become stuck in the horse’s throat, which can cause it to choke.
Margaret Greely, the author of “Arabian Exodus,” discusses the Bedouin practise of giving entire dates to horses in her book of the same name. Following each meal, the trough would be littered with pits left behind by the animals.
It’s possible that ingesting a couple of date pits won’t cause any issues, but you should always make sure to remove the pit or stone from any fruit you give your pet if it’s big enough to be a potential choking threat.
There are several items that should not be used in treats to Horses
- Trimmings from the lawn, hedges, or gardens.
- Any member of the mustard family, including broccoli, cabbage leaves, kale, and cauliflower, for example.
- Potatoes, Tomatoes Acorns
- Avoid Chocolate
15 Treats that you can safely feed your Horse
Stabul Nuggets Peanut Butter Horse Treats are delicious. These delectable morsels are developed for horses with Cushing's disease, insulin resistance, EMS, EPSM, colic, and founder. Recipe includes beetroot pulp, flaxseed, biotin, and probiotic. These nuggets include 12% protein and 2% fat.
- High-fiber formula has less than 10% carbohydrate and sugar.
- Reward for neighbours with Cushing's illness, IR, EMS, EPSM, colic, and laminitis.
- Without grain, oats, molasses, or iron.
- Contains beetroot pulp, flaxseed, biotin, and probiotic.
- Equine-approved peanut butter taste.
Carrot Horse Treats
You and your horse will appreciate Enjoy Yums. Enjoy Yums' excellent ingredients will delight him and reassure you. You'll also help his diet.
- Carrot-flavored and crunchy.
- Sweet nuttiness from oats and rice bran.
- Slow-baked snacks won't collapse.
- High-quality ingredients are nutritious.
- FDA-approved U.S. bakery.
Handmade Natural Horse Treat
NickerDoodles The Original Handmade Natural Horse Treat will make your horse go buck wild!
These delectable treats are made with six natural, easily digestible ingredients: wheat bran, oats, molasses products, barley, maize, and flax seed.
They make wonderful treats and, because to their very soft texture, they also make excellent horse pill pockets!
- Soft and easy to digest.
- Made from 6 all-natural components.
- Makes great equestrian pill pouches.
- Handmade by horse lovers.
- There are several sizes available. The assortment may differ.
Popper Mints Horse Treats
Durvet's Popper Mints Horse Treats are perfect for rewarding your neighbour! The delectable bite-sized treats are created in the United States with enriched fortified grain and the tempting peppermint taste horses like.
They are not only tasty, but also healthy, and are ideal for horses, ponies, and mules ranging in size from small to draught. You may even cut them up into smaller pieces for the little boys!
- It includes 5 pounds of healthy enriched grain snacks.
- Bite-sized treats make it simple to feed your horse, pony, or mule!
- It has a delightful peppermint taste.
- It's simple to cut into even smaller pieces.
- Made in the United States.
Omega Fields Omega Nibblers Low Sugar & Starch Apple Flavor Horse Supplement is a delightful snack for your hoofed pal.
These heart-shaped chews are packed with Pure Glean stabilised ground flaxseed and natural ingredients for a delicious taste that your partner will enjoy.
They include Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to maintain a silky, lustrous coat, healthy skin, and powerful hooves. This supplement also contains additional vitamins, minerals, and trace ingredients to help with shedding in the spring and to reduce irritation.
With no artificial preservatives, Omega Fields Omega Nibblers Low Sugar & Starch Apple Flavor Supplement is a healthy and tasty treat for your horse.
- As a reward for your hoofed pal, this apple-flavored vitamin comes in heart-shaped chews.
- Made with Pure Glean stabilised ground flaxseed and natural ingredients for a delicious flavour your pet will enjoy.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are included to develop a silky and lustrous coat, good skin, and powerful hooves.
- Includes additional vitamins, minerals, and trace elements to accelerate shedding in the spring and reduce irritation.
- There are no artificial preservatives in this tasty gift for your horse.
Cinnamon Horse Treats
Stud Muffins Rocky Trail Flavor Horse Treats will make your horse whinny and nicker. These cake-flavored sweets, made entirely by hand with love and commitment, are the ultimate reward, whether you have one horse or a whole stable.
The recipe starts with good-for-you grains like wheat, oats, barley, and maize, and then it's fortified with flaxseed and other nutritious ingredients—all to ensure they're as healthy as they are tasty.
Horses go crazy about them, and they're ideal for training and fussy eaters.
- Cake-flavored horse treats are 100% handcrafted and are healthful, nutritious, and tasty.
- Grains including wheat, oats, barley, and corn are high in fibre.
- Flaxseed, which is strong in omega-3 fatty acids and promotes general health, has been added.
- It has a cinnamon and nutmeg flavour and is ideal for training and enticing finicky horses.
Apple Horse Treat
Horsemen's Pride Stall Snack Apple Flavored Horse Treat Refill keeps your horse occupied, reduces boredom, and prevents damaging habits like cribbing or weaving. Your horse will appreciate the apple flavour, and you'll love how easy it is to keep her happy while you're away. This goodie fits nicely into the Horsemen's Pride Stall Snack Combo, offered separately.
- Apples are appealing to horses.
- Stall horses are less bored and disruptive.
- Designed for Stall Snack treat holder.
- Long-lasting horse treats delight horses.
- Easy technique to keep stall-bound horses happy.
Rocksalt Block Horse Treat
The Himalayan Rock Salt Block is Tough-1. This 100% natural block gives your horse iron, potassium, and magnesium.
There's no better way to give your horse these vitamins than in a tasty treat.
The rock-hard construction is safe and long-lasting for your horse. This salt block is weather-resistant, so it'll survive longer outside than others.
- Himalayan rock salt is enticing.
- 100% natural iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Includes a rope and a PVC salt block holder.
- This salt lick is weatherproof so it lasts longer outside.
- Helps prevent boredom and disruptive horse behaviour.
15 Treats that you can safely feed your Horse
Manna Pro Bite-Size Nuggets Peppermint Flavor Horse Treats are amazing! These treats are great for teaching and rewarding your horse.
They're full of vitamins and minerals and taste delicious with peppermint. Once your horse tries these goodies, you'll be glad you bought a larger package.
- Manna Pro treats are a favourite of horses around.
- Each treat is a powerhouse of nutrients.
- Rewarding and teaching may both be made easier with the convenience of pocket-sized goods.
- Created with a peppermint taste and crafted by hand.
- There are two bag sizes to choose from.
Molasses Horse Treat
Stud Muffins Variety Flavor Horse Treats make horses whinny. Whether you have one horse or a stable, these sweet and healthy treats are the ultimate reward.
The dish starts with healthful grains like wheat, oats, barely, and maize, and it's supplemented with flaxseed and other wholesome components. They're great for training and finicky horses.
- 100% homemade horse treats are healthy and tasty.
- Wheat, oats, barley, and corn are nutritious grains.
- Omega-3-rich flaxseed helps general wellness.
- Original, peppermint, and cake tastes help teach finicky horses.